[cc-humanrights] Initial CSR-HR Research OUTLINE Proposal

Zalnieriute, Monika Monika.Zalnieriute at EUI.eu
Wed Apr 15 08:56:29 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

Sorry, for posting once again, but I thought its worth changing the title of the e-mail.

As we are about to start writing a new research paper/report for ICANN 53 together with Niels and Article 19 , it would be great if You could comment and suggest what could be added/deleted from the initial draft OUTLINE and propose the potential length & title for the paper.

Se my initial proposal below, and all are welcome to make suggestions:

*Corporate and Social Responsibility to Respect Human Rights: Practical Recommendations for ICANN *

1. Introduction

2. The Internet Specific CSR- HR Considerations

3. Learning from Others: How the Human Rights Policies Have Been
Implemented in Other Organizations

    3.1.Insights from IHRB Report & Sample HR Policies
    3.2. Insights on CSR-HR as they relate to

                a) freedom of expression

                b) data protection and privacy
    3.3.Internet specific CSR_HR initiates/projects, each as, e.g., Silicon
        Valley Standard, Global Network Initiative
    3.4. Lessons for ICANN

4. Fitting CHR-HR mechanisms/policies into ICANN Context/Policy process;

    4. 1. Short-term/ad hoc measures
    4. 2. Long-term continuous procedures/mechanisms in place

           4. 3. HR impacts assessments & how that could be implemented in
                ICANN.

5. Examples of/Potential Areas/Policies Where CSR-HR Needs to Be
Implemented

     This could include one or both:
     5.1. Some broad naming of problematic areas; and/or
     5.2. Closer look/case study on specific policy (e.g., the UDRP - to go to, e.g., in the Annex?);

6. Conclusions/Recommendations

Will be waiting for Your ideas and suggestions,

Best wishes
?

----

Dr. Monika Zalnieriute

C I H R : Centre for Internet & Human Rights I
a:  Mittelweg 50, 12053 Berlin, Germany I
e:  monika.zalnieriute at eui.eu I
p:  +37062852809 |?
w: cihr.eu I

Z E P H I R O : Progressive Platform for Human Rights I

a:  Vilnius Str. 14 - 7, LT - 01402, Vilnius, Lithuania |
f:   www.facebook.com/zephiroplatform |
w:  zephiroplatform.wix.com/main |
e:  zephirplatform at gmail.com |
p:  +37062852809 |

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.