[cc-humanrights] Human Rights in CCWG on accountability

Matthew Shears mshears at cdt.org
Fri Aug 7 11:38:47 UTC 2015

I agree Niels.  Some simple language like (based on some of the inputs
Avri had collated):

"Within its mission and in its operations, ICANN [will be] *is*
committed to respect [fundamental] human rights."

Two points: 1) unless there is some legally defined meaning to the term
"fundamental" when applied to HR I would leave it out as it is
subjective and differs by jurisdiction/state/interpretation; 2) if we do
include the word fundamental then we probably should include reference
to the minimum qualifying docs - "as enshrined in the UDHR and ICCPR."

Everything else we can leave to WS2 and the CCWP to work on.

Best.

Matthew

.

--