[cc-humanrights] Subgroup lists + proposed agenda call

Narine Khachatryan ms.narine.khachatryan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 23:46:41 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I am happy to join this Cross-community WP list on Human Rights.

A brief introduction about myself. I am Narine Khachatryan, from Armenia.

I have been an Internet safety and security advocate for the last 7 years,
as a co-founder and co-coordinator of the Safer Internet Armenia
initiative. We are educating about various aspects of the Internet and
raising awareness about Internet risks, privacy and security issues.
We have also been heavily involved in media literacy projects, as a means
of promoting human rights education.

I have been engaged in ICANN At-Large since 2012 as an Armenian ALS
representative, having close collaboration with EURALO.

Happy to contribute to this process and particularly to the work of the
following two groups:

Group 2. Document cases and examples in which ICANN is (potentially)
impacting human rights (for example RAA, UDRP, WHOIS).

Group 4. Providing input to PDP new gTLDs from a human rights perspective.
Thank you, Maryam, for helping with subscription.

Looking forward to fruitful cooperation,

Best regards to everyone,

Narine

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 9:53 PM, Niels ten Oever <niels at article19.org>
wrote:

> Thanks everyone for the very productive call yesterday.
>
> I would like to ask all subgroups to finish their Terms of Reference
> within two weeks so we can put them on the website created by Maryam:
>
> https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Subgroups
>
> Please email the Terms of Reference to this (central) list, and I will
> put them up.
>
> Best,
>
> Niels
>
> Niels ten Oever
> Head of Digital
>
> Article 19
> www.article19.org
>
> PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
>                    678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9
>
> On 11/27/2015 01:11 PM, Niels ten Oever wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I hope the work of the subgroups is getting along. I'm looking
> > forward to our discussion this afternoon at 16:00 UTC.
> >
> > In the mean (with the great help from Maryam), we created
> > mailinglists for the subgroups so we can work efficiently and
> > transparently.
> >
> > I think we've added everyone that volunteered to the subgroups,
> > but feel free to assign yourself. Here is the lists of the groups:

> > and finalize work on visualization. This work aims to raise
> > awareness on ICANNs (potential) impact on human rights.

> > Document cases and examples in which ICANN is (potentially)
> > impacting human rights (for example RAA, UDRP, WHOIS)

> > Advancing the work on proposing specific internal processes and
> > procedural aspects on how ICANN can operationalize its commitment
> > to human rights

> > Providing input to PDP new gTLDs from a human rights perspective

> > PDP new WHOIS - Peter Kimpian - Monika Zalnieriute - Stefania * -
> > Jeremy Malcolm - Bastiaan Goslings - Pranesh Prakash - Ellen
> > Strickland
> >
> > I will report on this work on this (general CCWP HR) list: 6. -
> > Operational - Organize five conference calls November 27 - 17 CET
> > December 21 - 17 CET January 21 - 17 CET February 10 - 17 CET
> > February  26 - 17 CET - Request public and working sessions for
> > CCWP HR in Marrakesh - Setup mailinglists for sub-groups - Aim to
> > organize joint session with GAC HRIL in Marrakesh -
> >
> > A proposed agenda for this afternoons call:
> >
> > 1. Welcome and introductions 2. Short evaluation of ICANN Dublin 3.
> > Update CCWG Accountability vis a vis HR 4. Update ToR Subgroup 1 5.
> > Update ToR Subgroup 2 6. Update ToR Subgroup 3 7. Update ToR
> > Subgroup 4 8. Update ToR Subgroup 5 9. Update ToR Subgroup 6 10.
> > Concrete follow up 11. AOB
> >
> > Looking forward to talk to you all in a few hours.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Niels

​
Narine Khachatryan