[cc-humanrights] Calls of subgroups 1 and 4 scheduled

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 17:14:33 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

Just a quick reminder. If you interested to join the call of subgroup 1, on
developing a visualisation to raise awareness on ICANNs potential impact on
human rights, please follow the link below. We will be starting our call in
about 45min.

Best wishes,
Marília

*Adobe Connect:* https://icann.adobeconnect.com/ncsg/

*Passcodes/Pin codes:*

Participant passcode: HR

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 4:31 PM, Marilia Maciel <mariliamaciel at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Apologies for the typing mistake. I meant subgroups 1 and 4.
> Thanks and bed wishes!
> Marília
>
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Marilia Maciel <mariliamaciel at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> A quick message to inform everyone that the first call of subgroups 1 and
>> 4 have been scheduled and we are very much looking forward to the
>> participation of those who wish to be involved.
>>
>> Subgroup 1:
>> Continue and finalize work on visualization. This work aims to raise
>> awareness on ICANNs (potential) impact on human rights.
>> Call: *Thursday, 3/12 at 7:00 PM CET*
>>
>> Subgroup 4:
>> Providing input to PDP on new gTLDs from a human rights perspective
>> Call: *Friday 4/12 at 3:00 PM CET*
>>
>> If anyone would like to join the mailing lists, instructions can be found
>> in Niels' message below.
>>
>> Best wishes!
>> Marília
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 10:11 AM, Niels ten Oever <niels at article19.org>
>> wrote:

>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I hope the work of the subgroups is getting along. I'm looking forward
>>> to our discussion this afternoon at 16:00 UTC.
>>>
>>> In the mean (with the great help from Maryam), we created mailinglists
>>> for the subgroups so we can work efficiently and transparently.
>>>
>>> I think we've added everyone that volunteered to the subgroups, but
>>> feel free to assign yourself. Here is the lists of the groups:

>>> 1. - Continue and finalize work on visualization. This work aims to
>>> raise awareness on ICANNs (potential) impact on human rights.

>>> 2. -  Document cases and examples in which ICANN is (potentially)
>>> impacting human rights (for example RAA, UDRP, WHOIS)

>>> 3. - Advancing the work on proposing specific internal processes
>>> and procedural aspects on how ICANN can operationalize its
>>> commitment to human rights

>>> 4. - Providing input to PDP new gTLDs from a human rights