[cc-humanrights] Potential Research Topics on SCR and HR

Mikhail Medrish medrish at fondpi.ru
Tue Mar 31 10:58:15 UTC 2015

Dear colleagues!
This is a wonderful text to start with.
I have some comments about p. 1.

The main objectives of ICANN are very different from those of
​telecom ​
service provider
​​
​ (TSP - big communications)​
.
​TSP
are working with end
​-​
users.ICANN is working with the registr
​ars​
.
In this regard
​ IMHO ​
it
is not correct to compare ICANN
​with TSP
.
​HR i
Issues may arise indirectly through contracts between registries and
registrars, and then through contracts between
​ ​
registries
​ and ​
end-users.
Precisely these relationships will be very interesting to explore
​ through the lens of Corporate Social Responsibility of ICANN​
.

Mikhail Medrish

Internet Support Foundation
Director
Mobile: +7985 9225381
Web:    fondpi.ru

>  Hi everyone,
>
> Here I send my list on potential research topics/issues for future papers
> (for Buenos Aires), everyone is welcome suggest their insights & propose
> other topics and issues. Here it is:
>

> 1.      Paper on Corporate Social Responsibility of ICANN:
> •       Pointing to the experiences of other corporations;
> •       What have the other big communications/other Internet-related
> companies done to comply with their CSR duties;
> •       How they did it;
> •       Why they did it;
> •       And what ICANN could learn from them;
> •       So such paper would be several examples discussed and suggestions
> for ICANN.

2.      Paper with the analysis of the WHOIS 'update' & 'revision' and the