[cc-humanrights] More comments.

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Thu May 28 15:15:06 UTC 2015

Dear all

Just wanted to say hello, rather late into this really interesting and
productive conversation on this CCWP for ICANN. The thread was quite
long and substantial so have had to take time to get up to speed;
nothing like a long train-ride to enable that!.

Being relatively new to ICANN at this level of work, it is quite
encouraging to see how far this work has gone.

I have not much to add in terms of the discussions around the title of
the document, and also the symbolic and legally substantive issues
around Human Rights as enshrined in international law and CSR. All the
points raised are for a non-expert make sense.

A couple of comments if I may though on the document as it is readied
for circulation to the iCANN community; based on reading the penultimate
draft but hopefully still relevant for the final tweaks, and future