[cc-humanrights] Update: map/chart of ICANN's policies and processes

zalnieriute . zalnieriute at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 22:07:58 UTC 2015

Hey everyone,

As I have just submitted my tragically long and exhausting Marie Curie
application (deadline was today), I am ready to get back to work on ICANN:)

I have also been awarded the NextGen by ICANN, thus, will definitely be in
Dublin. Meanwhile, I would like to join the call on the 16th September, and
see how could I contribute,

Best wishes to everyone,

Monika

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 8:21 PM, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please add me as one of the APC crowd on this one.
>
> avri
>

> On 08-Sep-15 10:16, Marilia Maciel wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > As you know after the CCWP meeting in Buenos Aires we have started two
> > tracks of work, one of them focused on developing a visual chart of
> > ICANN's policies and operations that impact on human rights and on
> > mapping opportunities for assessing HR impact on the policy
> > development process (PDP).
> >
> > This is a quick update of this work based on the call that we had today
> >
> > Participants: Rafik Dammak, Niels, Valeria Betancourt, Alan and Marília
> >
> > - We identified the relevant documents that will be used as a base to
> > develop the map/chart. Most of them are available in our wiki
> > space: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=53772653
> >
> > - A call was set for next Tuesday (16/09) at 13:00 UTC to discuss a
> > proposal of visualisation.
> >
> > - A short brief with an analysis of the GNSO policy development
> > process and opportunities to introduce human rights issues is being
> > produced.
> >
> > - Drafts will be shared with this list by 02/10 for comments and feedback
> >
> > - The outputs will be living documents, to be further enhanced and
> > completed by the community through inputs received in the meeting in
> > Dublin and beyond.
> >
> > Last but not least, thanks to Rafik for organising this call.
> >
> > If anyone wishes to contribute to developing these materials, just
> > please let us know!
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Marília
> >

> > --
> > *Marília Maciel*
> > Pesquisadora Gestora - Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade - FGV Direito Rio
> > Researcher and Coordinator - Center for Technology & Society - FGV Law
> > School
> > http://direitorio.fgv.br/cts
> >
> > DiploFoundation associate - www.diplomacy.edu <http://www.diplomacy.edu>
> > PoliTICs Magazine Advisory Committee - http://www.politics.org.br/
> > Subscribe "Digital Rights: Latin America & the
> > Caribbean" - http://www.digitalrightslac.net/en

> ---

Dr. Monika Zalnieriute
Centre for Internet & Human Rights