[cc-humanrights] [cc-humanrights-research] CCWP-HR Research: Call for volunteers (reply by 8th April) + Call Update

Niels ten Oever niels at article19.org
Thu Apr 7 16:48:41 UTC 2016

Hi Aarti,

Thanks for this. I understand the confusion in terms of topics, let me
try to address this by looking at the task of the subgroups:

Subgroup 1 - Research
Focus on research understanding how ICANNs policies and operations can
impact human rights, and make this more visible.

This includes PDPs, but can also be other work.

SG 2 - WS2
Focuses on the human rights impacts in WS 2

SG 3- PDP
Focuses on ongoing PDP processes

Of course if SG1 does research on PDP processes this can support the
work in the PDPs and SG3, but the aim of SG1 is too think more
fundamentally about issues whereas SG3 tries to directly liaise, support
and follow ongoing PDPs, also to ensure that there is no duplication of
efforts and we have one place (namely CCWP) where we can track all
relevant human rights topics in ICANN.

I hope this explanation helps.

Best,

Niels

Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                   678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9