[cc-humanrights] Human rights statement

Niels ten Oever niels at article19.org
Tue Feb 9 19:06:51 UTC 2016

Hi all,

The ICANN board has said it wants to develop a human rights statement
of approximately 50 words. I suggested the CCWP HR could provide
input, so this is maybe something we can work on.

Lucy put together some examples that could serve for inspiration.

Looking forward to work with you on this and to talk to you on the
call tomorrow.

Best,

Niels

Microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49026
A 4 page PDF. Focus: Products and Partnerships, Employees, Suppliers,
Communities

Telenor
http://www.telenor.com/sustainability/responsible-business/human-rights/
Broken down into separate online sections:  "Respect, Mitigate, Support,
Supply Chain"

Uniliver
https://www.unilever.com/Images/unilever-human-rights-policy-statement_t
cm244-422954_1_en.pdf

A 4 page PDF with separate headings: Policy, Vision, Responsible
Sourcing, Addressing Human Rights Impacts, Remedy, Empowering Women
Through Rights, Skills and Opportunities, Our Governance, Going Forward"
.

Adidas
http://www.adidas-group.com/media/filer_public/2013/07/31/human_rights_r
esponsible_business_practices_qa_july_2011_en.pdf

In the style of 'Frequently Asked Questions'

Coca-Cola-
http://www.coca-colacompany.com/our-company/human-workplace-rights/human
- -rights-policy/
Broken down into separate issues:

  * Respect for Human Rights
  * Community and Stakeholder Engagement
  * Valuing Diversity
  * Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining
  * Safe and Healthy Workplace
  * Workplace Security
  * Forced Labor and Human Trafficking
  * Child Labor
  * Work Hours, Wages and Benefits
  * Guidance and Reporting for Employees

More can be found on the Business and Human Rights Resource Centre websi
te
http://business-humanrights.org/en/company-policy-statements-on-human-ri
ghts