[cc-humanrights] Human rights statement

Matthew Shears mshears at cdt.org
Tue Feb 9 19:29:33 UTC 2016

Don't forget Cisco - remember we need to find examples from industry
sector that will resonate with our audience....

On 09/02/2016 19:18, Tatiana Tropina wrote:
> Hi all,
> Thanks Niels and Lucy!
> Niels, what about creating a google doc for this exercise and sharing
> it on the call? We can try to brainstorm on the call tomorrow and
> develop this further after the call (if we don't come to 50 words
> tomorrow :)). It worked quite well before - also those who can't join
> the meeting will be able to comment/contribute.
> Cheers
> Tanya
>

> On 9 February 2016 at 20:06, Niels ten Oever <niels at article19.org
> <mailto:niels at article19.org>> wrote:

>     Hi all,
>
>     The ICANN board has said it wants to develop a human rights statement
>     of approximately 50 words. I suggested the CCWP HR could provide
>     input, so this is maybe something we can work on.
>
>     Lucy put together some examples that could serve for inspiration.
>
>     Looking forward to work with you on this and to talk to you on the
>     call tomorrow.
>
>     Best,
>
>     Niels
>

>     Microsoft
>     https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49026
>     A 4 page PDF. Focus: Products and Partnerships, Employees, Suppliers,
>     Communities
>
>     Telenor
>     http://www.telenor.com/sustainability/responsible-business/human-rights/
>     Broken down into separate online sections:  "Respect, Mitigate,
>     Support,
>     Supply Chain"
>
>     Uniliver
>     https://www.unilever.com/Images/unilever-human-rights-policy-statement_t
>     cm244-422954_1_en.pdf
>     <https://www.unilever.com/Images/unilever-human-rights-policy-statement_t%0Acm244-422954_1_en.pdf>
>
>     A 4 page PDF with separate headings: Policy, Vision, Responsible
>     Sourcing, Addressing Human Rights Impacts, Remedy, Empowering Women
>     Through Rights, Skills and Opportunities, Our Governance, Going
>     Forward"
>     .
>
>     Adidas
>     http://www.adidas-group.com/media/filer_public/2013/07/31/human_rights_r
>     esponsible_business_practices_qa_july_2011_en.pdf
>     <http://www.adidas-group.com/media/filer_public/2013/07/31/human_rights_r%0Aesponsible_business_practices_qa_july_2011_en.pdf>
>
>     In the style of 'Frequently Asked Questions'
>
>     Coca-Cola-
>     http://www.coca-colacompany.com/our-company/human-workplace-rights/human
>     - -rights-policy/
>     Broken down into separate issues:
>
>       * Respect for Human Rights
>       * Community and Stakeholder Engagement
>       * Valuing Diversity
>       * Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining
>       * Safe and Healthy Workplace
>       * Workplace Security
>       * Forced Labor and Human Trafficking
>       * Child Labor
>       * Work Hours, Wages and Benefits
>       * Guidance and Reporting for Employees

> [...]

Matthew Shears | Director, Global Internet Policy & Human Rights Project
Center for Democracy & Technology | cdt.org
E: mshears at cdt.org | T: +44.771.247.2987

CDT's Annual Dinner, Tech Prom, is April 6, 2016. Don't miss out - register at cdt.org/annual-dinner.

---