[cc-humanrights] [Cc-humanrights3] Draft board human rights commitment / statement

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Thu Feb 11 11:33:50 UTC 2016

Tanya

Exactly

The proposed wording at the moment isn’t very clear to me.

“operationalise its commitment to human rights” - whose? How? Are you talking about ICANN the corporate entity? The community? Are you trying to make something binding on contracted parties? What?
“contribute to a Human Rights Impact Assessment with the community of stakeholders” - again this is unclear. Does it refer to the ICANN corporate entity? ICANN policies? ICANN contracts? What?
“work on a process for remediation” - remediation of what?

I’ve read and re-read that draft language several times and it’s not clear to me at all

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon