[cc-humanrights] meeting request ICANN57

Niels ten Oever niels at article19.org
Fri Sep 2 07:12:12 UTC 2016

Dear all,

Please find underneath the text I prepared for our session request for
ICANN57 in Hyderabad. I thought it might be good to request a bit longer
session and the opt to do only one session instead of our 'usual' public
session and working session.

I thoguht we can always organize an informal working session on the side.

Am very curious to hear your thoughts.

Best,

Niels

ICANN & human rights - past, present and possible futures

Human rights have come to play a central role in several processes and
community discussions in ICANN, even more so now a commitment to human
rights has been added to ICANNs bylaws. The Cross Community Working
Party on ICANNs Corporate and Social Responsibility to Respect Human
Rights (CCWP HR) aims to provide an overview of ongoing human rights
related processes as well as provide perspectives by doing research into
the interplay between ICANN’s policies, procedures and human rights. In
this session two new reports and several analysis will be presented and
discussed.

This session builds on the sessions held since ICANN50 in London, on
this issue as well as the previous reports that were produced on this
topic which can be found here: http://icannhumanrights.net

Agenda: A detailed agenda will be provided closer to the meeting
date.

Preferred Date, Time and Length of Meeting: Any time

Preferred Room Set-up: We would prefer a U-shape table setup to allow
for productive and interactive dialogue among participants

Meeting Overview: There will be no breaks

Estimated Number of Attendees: 50-60 attendees, based on the number of
people at the meeting in Marakech and Dublin.

Remote Presenters and Participation: No remote presenters are
anticipated. However, there would be remote participants

Audio Visual Requirements The following audio/visual needs are
requested: Table microphones will need to be spaced on the tables for
every 2-3 seats;

Two wireless hand microphones and one microphone stand (microphone in
microphone stand for questions from attendees, and tow hand held
microphone to circulate if needed);

Dedicated laptop computer to manage Adobe Connect and all presentations;

Adobe Connect with audio;

Teleconference bridge for remote participates with toll-free dial in
capability;

Recording and transcript of the session.

There will be no breaks.

--
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                   678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9