[cc-humanrights] Attendance and Recording - CCWP ICANN and Human Rights Call on Friday 21 September 2018 at 1300UTC

Maryam Bakoshi maryam.bakoshi at icann.org
Fri Sep 21 15:37:42 UTC 2018

Dear All,

Please find attendance and recording of the CCWP ICANN and Human Rights Call on Friday 21 September 2018 at 1300UTC

Attendance: Collin Kurre, Niels ten Oever, Nathalie Peregrine, Vidushi Marda, Jamie Baxter, Meghan Healy, Dessalegn Yehuala, Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix, Vera Major, Bruna Santos, Juan Manuel Rojas, Austin Ruckstuhl, Michael Karanicolas, Akriti Bopanna, David McAuley, Herb Waye Ombuds, Mohibullah Utmankhil, Mallory Knodel, Michael Karanicolas, Stephanie Perrin, Rafik Dammak | Staff: Maryam Bakoshi

AC Recording: https://participate.icann.org/p6zoam0k3tf/<https://participate.icann.org/p6zoam0k3tf/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=0ec6836f177f0393b88693fb3e597fd04eb878473a6ebde39b530f000690e488>

AC Chat:

Maryam Bakoshi: Dear All, welcome to the CCWP ICANN and Human Rights call on Friday 21 September 2018 at 1300 UTC

Meghan Healy: yes indeed!

Akriti Bopanna: Yes!

Collin Kurre: Great. The call dropped immediately after, ha, but will get it back momentarily.

Maryam Bakoshi: Welcome everyone

Herb Waye Ombuds: Greetings all

Collin Kurre: Will do, thanks Maryam

Maryam Bakoshi: Thank you :)

David McAuley: woops - I am number 8222 at bottom, Maryam

Maryam Bakoshi: Ok thanks David

Mohibullah Utmankhil: hello everyone

David McAuley: my speakers were not working - missed intro until now

Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix: I cannot hear much

David McAuley: hard to hear Niels

Bruna Santos: Niels audio is very very low

David McAuley: basically cannot hear it at all

Bruna Santos: yes

Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix: yes now

Collin Kurre: Link to related documents from the Human Rights track of CCWG-Acc Work Stream 1: https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/WP4+Documents

Collin Kurre: Resulting ICANN Policies and Human Rights map: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/CCWP+on+ICANN+and+Human+Rights?preview=/53772653/79433998/ICANN%20and%20Human%20Rights%20Jan2018.pdf (living document!)

Collin Kurre: ICANN Policy and Human Rights: A Primer on Current GNSO Policy Development Processes : https://icannhumanrights.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/ICANN-PDPs-and-Human-Rights-CCWP-HR-Sept-2018.pdf

Collin Kurre: Editable version of the paper available here: http://icannhumanrights.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/ICANN-PDPs-and-Human-Rights-CCWP-HR-September-2018.docx

Bruna Santos: Great point, SubPro has a lot of discussions on Applicant freedom of expression, closed generics, and a few other points that could touch upon HR. This is the draft ot NCSG's input to the Initial report if anyone would like to help us out with some of these points: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SxCa4cn-NEiS_tea-jUP02DSG6IEzf_O4_MBPLUtxZs/edit :)

Collin Kurre: Great, thanks for that link Bruna!

Stephanie Perrin: Rafik would be better , I am having Internet problems, might die any minutes

Collin Kurre: No problem, thanks Stephanie!

Collin Kurre: To complement Rafik's overview, here is an overview of the GNSO PDP 3.0: https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/pdp-discussion-paper-11may18-en.pdf

Collin Kurre: ... and a summary of feedback received: https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/pdp-summary-feedback-10sep18-en.pdf

David McAuley: Thanks Collin

David McAuley: helpful overview, thanks Rafik

Collin Kurre: Example of a human rights checklist: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H-PMY3fcLMVicEHRLXQexjH5uHUcuoakofGL4RTOve4/edit

David McAuley: Useful idea but the discussion could take a great deal of time

Collin Kurre: We should note that .nz folks were keen to join this call, but not keen enough to wake up at 2am for it ;)

David McAuley: Does this group have any members from EFF, EPIC, CDT or other like organizations - they might be considering amicus briefs, be nice to know

Stephanie Perrin: whoops wrong chat

Stephanie Perrin: ICANN is the data controller.  It cannot selectively enforce commercial rights and ignore registrant rights

David McAuley: good point Michael, Article 19

Stephanie Perrin: Those three are all NCUC members David.

David McAuley: Thanks Stephanie

Michael Karanicolas: Of course - agree with that

Stephanie Perrin: I think, in answer to the question about amicus briefs, there are too many bigger fish in the frying pan at the moment....

Stephanie Perrin: not that a small group somewhere might not start something and do a coaltion to support.

David McAuley: Thanks co-chairs, Maryam, and all

Collin Kurre: Thanks all, hasta Barcelona!

Herb Waye Ombuds: Bye all see you in Barcelona

Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix: bye all!

Maryam Bakoshi: Thank you all for attending the call. Good bye.

--
Many thanks,

Maryam Bakoshi | SO/AC Collaboration Services Sr. Coordinator
ICANN | Internet Corporation got Assigned Names and Numbers
S: Maryam.bakoshi.icann | T: +44 7846 471777