[cc-humanrights] New discussion paper on human rights + tech

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Tue Dec 17 11:14:19 UTC 2019

Dear Ayden

Thanks for sending this over.... will be adding this to my must-read list!

best wishes

MF

On 17/12/2019 01:59, Ayden Férdeline wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just thought I'd share that the Australian Human Rights Commission has
> published a 232-page discussion paper on protecting and promoting
> human rights amid new developments in technology. Though the focus is
> largely on artificial intelligence, I think the first few chapters are
> a good resource in how it presents various ethical frameworks and the
> practicality of implementing different recommendations, especially for
> those who are newer to this subject.
>
> https://tech.humanrights.gov.au/sites/default/files/2019-12/TechRights2019_DiscussionPaper.pdf
>
> I hope you find this resource useful. Thanks!
>
> Best wishes,
> Ayden Férdeline

Marianne Franklin (PhD)
Professor of Global Media and Politics
Convener: Global Media & Transnational Communications MA Program
http://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/ma-global-media-transnational-communications/
Goldsmiths University of London
Department of Media, Communications, and Cultural Studies
New Cross, London SE14 6NW
Tel: +44 207 9197072
<m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk>
@GloComm
http://www.gold.ac.uk/media-communications/staff/franklin/

UK/EU Hub Lead - Deathscapes: Mapping Race and Violence in Settler States, www.deathscapes.org

Editor: Human Rights and the Internet at openDemocracy
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/digitaliberties/human-rights-and-internet/