[cc-humanrights] Attendance and Recordings of the CCWP ICANN and Human Rights call of 20 February 2019 at 1400 UTC.

Collin Kurre collin at article19.org
Wed Feb 20 17:34:04 UTC 2019

Thanks! Following up, here are some questions ahead of our Kobe meeting:

GENERAL
How can we get people to interact with this new work on HRIAs?
Which groups / people should we invite to discuss impact assessments as a tool for constructive engagement across stakeholder groups?
What other topics or issues should be discussed during our F2F session?

MODEL (spreadsheet <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EKpMCef8kiZ2tJE2AU78q9_oeJehGbR7bWpQ5wt7D5I/edit?usp=sharing>)
How can we make the link to human rights clearer?
Proposal: add an explainer tab
What’s missing / confusing / unnecessary / etc?
Proposal: include vulnerable groups in description
Proposal: add new column on Applicable Human Rights Law

METHODOLOGY
Who should carry out the impact assessments?
Proposal: members of the CCWP-HR
When should the assessment be carried out?
Proposal: continuously, from inception until final report, feeding into all public comment periods
What’s the best way to link the energy of newcomers and expertise of outsiders with the knowledge of ICANN veterans?

Please feel free to share any additional thoughts or comments.

Greetings from London,
Collin