[cc-humanrights] Final HRIA report + Leadership change

Collin Kurre collin.kurre at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 12:28:38 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues,

I am very pleased to share with you the final report on “Designing a Human Rights Impact Assessment for ICANN’s Policy Development Process," co-authored by myself, Akriti Bopanna, and Austin Ruckstuhl: https://icannhumanrights.net/designing-an-hria-for-icann-pdps/ <https://icannhumanrights.net/designing-an-hria-for-icann-pdps/>

This report outlines an iterative research-and-design process carried out between November 2017 and July 2019, focusing on successes and lessons learned in anticipation of the Board’s long-awaited approval of the Work Stream 2 recommendations. [1] The process, findings, and recommendations will be explored in greater detail during the CWP-HR’s joint session with the GAC in Montreal next month (timing TBC).

It is with regret that I inform you of my decision to step down as CCWP-HR Co-Chair, effective immediately. Please accept my gratitude for the insights and support provided over the past two years. It has been a pleasure leading this group and I am proud of what we accomplished together. I have no doubt that these successes will continue, and I thank Akriti for her collaboration and willingness to continue as sole chair.

Kind regards,
Collin

[1] For updates on WS2 Implementation, visit the dedicated WS2-IT space on the ICANN wiki: https://community.icann.org/display/WEIA/WS2-IT <https://community.icann.org/display/WEIA/WS2-IT>