[cc-humanrights] Human Rights Updates and Potential next steps

Ephraim Percy Kenyanito hello at ekenyanito.com
Thu Sep 17 14:39:18 UTC 2020

Hello CCWP-HR members,

I hope you are all healthy and doing well.

_*ICANN69 session*_: The NCSG (through CCWP-HR) and ALAC have had a
session accepted with the session confirmed for Tuesday 13 October 2020
from 12:00-13:30 UTC (14:00-15:30 CEST).

The session will explore further work on the SO/ AC Human Rights Impact
Assessment Tool that we had discussed in June at the ICANN68 Meeting (we
shall share more details as the final agenda firms up in the coming days).

_*HRIA Tool*_: Austin and I wanted to thank you so much for your efforts
in the refining of the SO/ AC HRIA tool especially since the ICANN 68
Meeting which is available here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yuJuDXh_M9dvVhQWsH1pYS2MEpl-I2dDeSrWLy6rOwM/edit#gid=853107611>:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yuJuDXh_M9dvVhQWsH1pYS2MEpl-I2dDeSrWLy6rOwM/edit#gid=853107611

Please feel free to look through and make any edits that will make the
tool more useful.

We hope that the tool will be useful to all the SO/ACs in their
implementation of Human Rights and shall be reaching out to the SO/ACs
that had expressed interest in doing a HRIA asap.

_*EPDP Report:*_ We are sure you have seen the EPDP report
<https://www.icann.org/news/blog/epdp-phase-2-team-publishes-final-report>
and are aware that it is coming up for GNSO Council vote in the next
week. Here is the report
<https://www.icann.org/news/blog/epdp-phase-2-team-publishes-final-report>
and it would be great to hear thoughts or ideas from the group
especially on what key positions ought to be for us to protect human rights.

_*New Subsequent Procedures Draft Final Report: *_There is a public
comment
<https://www.icann.org/public-comments/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-draft-final-report-2020-08-20-en>
opportunity for the report and with the due date being 30 September
2020. Here is the report
<https://www.icann.org/public-comments/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-draft-final-report-2020-08-20-en>
and it would be great to hear thoughts or ideas from the group
especially on what key positions ought to be for us to protect human rights.

Best regards,

Ephraim and Austin.