[cc-humanrights] Bylaw in effect?

Niels ten Oever mail at nielstenoever.net
Thu Sep 17 15:06:56 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I hope this email finds you all really well. I was discussing with a lawyer the other days about ICANNs bylaws, and specifically the human rights bylaw.

The conclusion of our conversation was that legally the human right bylaw is practically in effect from the moment that the FoI got accepted by the board, because that was the only precondition that needed to be fulfilled.

So legally, all parts of the ICANN community and org should abide by the bylaw. If they don't, measures could be leveraged against them.

Best,

Niels