[ccPDP4-IDNWG] NOTES | ccPDP4 | Tuesday, 18 July 2023 (13:00 UTC)

Joke Braeken joke.braeken at icann.org
Tue Jul 18 14:21:23 UTC 2023

NOTES | ccPDP4 | Tuesday, 18 July 2023 (13:00 UTC)

1. Welcome and roll call

2. Admin items

2.1. Action items

2.2. Update, if any from EPDP effort

Dennis: Comments focus on the application process. E.g. RZ-LGR. Not challenged, but geared to the application process, or the rights of applicants, asking how to unlock variants in the future.
Anil: work is ongoing. Meanwhile, report on human rights. Comfortable with recommendations of phase one. None of the recommendations should be conflicting with each other. Some comments to be further elaborated. Potential applied string to be applied for?
Another interesting comment refers to the 2nd level string, or variant, which is a combination of two languages.  Exception for ccTLD world.

2.3. 2nd stress test update completed.

Bart: last week we completed the stress testing. The numbering has been updated, reference to text has been updated accordingly.

3. First reading draft Initial report

(circulated last Thursday). It will follow the frame as presented to community in Washington.

  *   In addition, for readability, each section will start on a new page.
  *   Update to reference stress testing section
  *   Additional language Annex F
  *   Annex H added

>>> Section 1.1.

Irina: analyses or analysis?
Bart: one, singular.

No questions or comments regarding this section. Group agrees

>>> Section 1.2.
Bart: any concerns regarding including the scheme? Broad overview of the policy, as an introduction to the various sections?
No questions or comments. Group agrees
Irina: no opinion. Looks complicated.
Bart: should we grey out the columns not being discussed in that section? So the reader knows where we are in the grand scheme of things?
Group agrees

Bart: consistent spelling. “ASCII ccTLD” and “IDN ccTLD”. Sometimes we still used the previous spelling.
Bart: comments and observations in text boxes
Irina: you may use a table of 1 cell only instead of textbox
it will look the same, but footnotes will be kept

Irina: I want to revoke my comment regarding section 3.3.

>>> Section 4
Group supports

>>> Section 5
Group supports

>>> Section 6
No red marks

>>> Section 7
No red marks

>>> Section 8
8.2. Still need to un-do the highlighted text

>>> Section 9

>>> Section 10

>>> Section 11

>>> Section 12

>>> Section 13

>>> Annexes

First reading initial report was completed

4. Next meetings

Tuesday, 25 July 2023, 13:00 UTC
Tuesday, 1 August 2023, 13:00 UTC (Bart will not be able to speak)

Kenny: let’s meet next week, and then see how to adjust for the 1 aug meeting

5. AOB

6. Adjourn

Thank you. Bye all

Joke Braeken