[Area 4] Comments from Mr. Kavouss Arasteh (GAC, ICG)

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Fri Dec 19 01:41:23 UTC 2014

Hello WG4 team:

I recognize that there have been several attempts to catalog the various scenarios and situations that would benefit from improved accountability mechanisms.  But as a conversation starter, I would propose that there are really only two contingencies:

   * The ICANN Board takes action that is opposed by a significant majority (or unanimously) of stakeholders (SO/AC), or
   * The ICANN Board refuses to take action despite significant support (or unanimity) of stakeholders (SO/AC).

It's my opinion that addressing these two over-arching contingencies will naturally sweep up nearly all other scenarios.

Thoughts?

Thanks-

J.