[ST-WP] Spurring Board Action

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Wed Apr 8 20:41:52 UTC 2015

I'm not sure what you mean by "general community veto" being struck by the stress tests group.  There isn't really such a thing that has been proposed.

The Community veto proposal that I made has always been for very specific purposes: budget, bylaws revision, strat plan.

According the template posted to the website on 11 March:

"This challenge mechanism would only apply to a narrow set of predetermined high impact board decisions such as the adoption of the organization’s strategic plan, approval of the budget, approval of bylaws, etc."

So I'm also not sure what is meant by a conversation in Istanbul to narrow the veto proposal down only these things - since it has always been about these specific things.

I remain in opposition to the stress tests group singling this proposal out for "strikethrough" at this stage.  That is not an appropriate role for the stress tests group - nor within its authority.  And it seems to be based on misinformation and or misunderstandings.

Thanks,
Robin