[Area 4] 40 items added

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Tue Jan 13 19:34:44 UTC 2015

Colleagues,

During yesterday's ConCall Sivasubramanian M provided a link to a set of
contingencies / scenarios he is managing. For my own purposes I've used
some of each of his contingencies / scenarios to form a short, and
possibly relevant identifier.

This note is simply informative, providing the URL of the original,
below my personal short identifiers, to allow Mr. Sivasubramanian to
know that I'm reading his document, and to provide you all with the URL
for your own purposes.

Eric Brunner-Williams
Eugene, Oregon

      1    Cancellation of the AoC
      2    Flight to avoid jurisdiction
      3    Insolvency
      4    Applicant Support Revisited
      5    Ignoring SSAC
      6    GAC Votes
      7    .xxx redux
      8    Contested gTLD Redelegation
      9    Enjoined Delegation
     10    Contested ccTLD Redelegation
     11    Governmental sanctions and restrictions
     12    Domain industry financial crisis
     13    Significant financial contributor fee escrow
     14    Competing new technology
     15    Governance crisis
     16    Major corruption or fraud
     17    Antitrust or class action
     18    Chairman, CEO or major officer conduct
     19    Major personal data leak
     20    Financial crisis affecting Icann's reserves
     21    IANA Customer Standing Committee (CSC) failure
     22    IANA Periodic Review Team (PRT) failure
     23    Current IANA functions operator threatens litigation
     24    A stakeholder captures a multi-stakeholder committee
     25    A stakeholder ensures overwhelming control of processes
     26    A country captures the process of the PRT
     27    Members of the PRT have their lives threatened
     28    The PRT is overwhelmed with complaints
     29    Terrible appeals judgments by Independent Appeals Panel
     30    Current IANA functions operator threatens litigation
     31    Rogue Board
     32    Rogue Employees
     33    Contracting Entity refuses to follow policy or instructions
from PRT
     34    Operator goes rogue
     35    ALAC and GNSO do not see eye to eye
     36    ccTLDs and gTLDs strongly disagree
     37    ccTLDs that are not part of ICANN oppose ccTLD policies and
programs
     38    Escalated conflicts between ICANN Board and Staff
     39    Nomcom is highly politicized
     40    NTIA holds off transferring control until all conditions are met

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QVC12Q-NuB35pyaBirUDF85DBR_oFHkEYC5vbWu04go/edit#heading=h.rraejy2i0t2g