[Area 4] 40 items added

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Wed Jan 14 18:37:40 UTC 2015

Siva,

As a personal courtesy I would appreciate answers to few questions.

In #23, in the phrase "the current IANA functions operator" might refer
to some point in the future, e.g., after 2017, at which the IANA
Functions might be conducted by some party other than the current
contractor (ICANN), or it might refer to the current 2015 contractor
(ICANN).

It might be useful to clarify which, some entity not at present the IANA
Functions contractor, or the present IANA Functions contractor, is
hypothesized as litigating to prevent a change of the IANA Functions
contract operator.

What appears to be the same scenario appears, with more language, at #30.

In #33, the Periodic Review Teams (PRT) sues the "Iana Contracting
Entity". In neither the current Bylaws, Article IV, Section 4, which
contains provisions for "periodic review", and subordinate documents
(Methodology,  Systematization, etc.), nor in the Affirmation of
Commitments can I find a delegation of legal incorporation authority to
a Review Team.

It might be useful to clarify which Review Teams may form legal persons
and "sue" some third-party, e.g., the current 2015 IANA Functions
contractor (ICANN), and where this standing arises.

In #26, #27 and #28, a Periodic Review Team appears to periodically
select awardee(s) to one or more successor(s) to the current IANA
Functions Contract. Is this a correct reading of these scenarios? If so,
as with #33, it might be useful to clarify where the authority to award
the successor(s) to the current IANA Functions Contract arises.

I've copied the WS4 list simply to create a record of these questions
outside of my cluttered mailer's archives, and "I don't know" is a
reasonable answer, as these are among Olivier Crepin-LeBlond's
contributions.

Thanks in advance,
Eric Brunner-Williams