[ST-WP] Do we cover this condition

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Tue May 5 04:45:54 UTC 2015

I think you are right, Avri. For a buyer to buy requires a seller willing
to sell. Icann shouldn't be allowed to sell or otherwise dispose of the
IANA affiliate. The only transfer of IANA operations comes from the
community review process.... Right? And then it would be because of
operational problems that would leave it exceedingly unlikely the affiliate
would be 'snapped up' by a new operator...

Jordan

On Tuesday, 5 May 2015, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> One of the concern going around at the moment is that if we legally
> separate IANA as the CWG is close to planning, that some rich mega
> corporation could come along and gain control.
>
> I tend to believe this could only happen if ICANN were to sell it to
> them.  Which seems unlikely.
>
> What do you all think?
>
> avri

>   [image: Avast logo] <http://www.avast.com/>