[Acct-Legal] Fwd: Re: Proposed next steps

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 05:30:01 UTC 2015

I'm a bit concerned about the agenda.  I'm not sure how well it will work
to give our counsel background and marching orders, and 4 and 5 feel like
the type of "new questions" that Rosemary is concerned will take her team
off track.  If 4 and 5 can be dealt with relatively quickly, then I'm not
as concerned.

Also, I think number 4 would be enhanced by reproducing the email exchange
that led to the question (and which I was a part of).  Without the context,
the question is a bit "bloodless." [Note: I am completely aware how
important the discussion of "jurisdiction" is to some participants.  I am
also aware that it is a bottomless pit leading to an endless tunnel, at the
end of which is a pool of quicksand....  Thankfully, this is a narrower
question.]

As a general matter, to guide counsel, we should be providing them with
links and documents prior to calls, rather than just topics.  Otherwise, we
are assuming the level of background and engagement that we bring to the
table, through a combination of years in ICANN-land and months in the CCWG;
which we absolutely cannot assume.  Even if (or when) they are completely
facile with the "moving parts" of the CCWG, it would be a waste of their
time and our money to make them assemble background materials.

Greg

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 1:05 AM, León Felipe Sánchez Ambía <
leonfelipe at sanchez.mx> wrote:

> Dear Rosemary,
>
> Attached you will find the proposed agenda for our call tomorrow  in it
> you'll be able to find the details on the powers to be discussed. Please
> let me know if I can be of any additional help.
>
> Best regards
>

> Agenda Call 2.docx
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/o9my2ibettqwrsd/Agenda%20Call%202.docx?dl=0>
> Agenda Call 2.pdf
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/93iqm6kdqhvximj/Agenda%20Call%202.pdf?dl=0>
> León
>
> Sent from Outlook <http://taps.io/outlookmobile>
>

> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 9:58 PM -0700, "Rosemary E. Fei" <
> rfei at adlercolvin.com> wrote:
>
>   Dear León:
>>

>> We’ve seen many tables and charts concerning powers and mechanisms in our
>> review of materials so far; could you please be specific as to which one we
>> will be discussing for tomorrow’s call?
>>

>> Thank you.
>>

>> Rosemary
>>

>> Rosemary E. Fei
>> Adler & Colvin
>> 235 Montgomery Street, Suite 1220
>> San Francisco, CA 94104
>> 415/421-7555 (phone)
>> 415/421-0712 (fax)
>> rfei at adlercolvin.com
>> www.adlercolvin.com
>>

>> _____________________________
>>
>> Adler & Colvin is a San Francisco Green Business certified by the City
>> and County of San Francisco. Please consider the environment before you
>> print this email.

*Gregory S. Shatan **ï* *Abelman Frayne & Schwab*

*Partner* *| IP | Technology | Media | Internet*

*666 Third Avenue | New York, NY 10017-5621*

*Direct*  212-885-9253 *| **Main* 212-949-9022

*Fax*  212-949-9190 *|* *Cell *917-816-6428

*gsshatan at lawabel.com <gsshatan at lawabel.com>*

*ICANN-related: gregshatanipc at gmail.com <gregshatanipc at gmail.com>*

*www.lawabel.com <http://www.lawabel.com/>*