[Acct-Legal] Memorandum of Request for Legal Advice: Questions from Pedro Ivo Ferraz da Silva

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 18:24:14 UTC 2015

Josh (and Holly),

To clarify matters, and to echo David McAuley's most recent email, the ~60
minute presentation/Q&A to the CCWG is still an integral part of the plan.
I have not yet had a response from the Co-Chairs regarding my request for a
timeslot in Tuesday's meeting (or failing that, the scheduling of an extra
session to do so).  By copy of this email, I am reminding the Co-Chairs of
this request.

My thoughts in terms of prioritization are:

1.  The responses to the matrices, already underway, should be completed
for delivery tomorrow (Friday).
2.  The presentation to the CCWG (oral and PowerPoint), taking a "holistic"
view, with recommendations (to the extent they can be made), weaving in
answers to the questions (to the extent they are germane to the
presentation), and most likely including both a "member" and an "empowered
designator" approach, for Tuesday.  [The CCWG should be advised that
questions posed by the CCWG over the last several days will initially be
answered here to the extent possible and appropriate.]
3.  As soon as possible thereafter, direct answers to the questions already
posed by the CCWG and formally sent forth by the Legal Subteam.  These
answers need not be elaborate, and should make pinpoint references back to
the presentation to answer the questions to the extent possible (rather
than re-hashing the answers, unless that is the easier approach).

I hope this clarifies matters.  I would also say that counsel are empowered
to move forward under this approach, as this conversation has now been on
the list for a reasonable period of time.

Thank you for all your hard work, insight and responsiveness.

Greg Shatan
Acting Chair, CCWG Legal Subteam

*Gregory S. Shatan **ï* *Abelman Frayne & Schwab*

*Partner* *| IP | Technology | Media | Internet*

*666 Third Avenue | New York, NY 10017-5621*

*Direct*  212-885-9253 *| **Main* 212-949-9022

*Fax*  212-949-9190 *|* *Cell *917-816-6428

*gsshatan at lawabel.com <gsshatan at lawabel.com>*

*ICANN-related: gregshatanipc at gmail.com <gregshatanipc at gmail.com>*

*www.lawabel.com <http://www.lawabel.com/>*