[Acct-Legal] Draft answers to Apr 17 memo

List for the work of CCWG-Accountability Legal SubTeam ccwg-accountability5 at icann.org
Mon Apr 20 22:11:46 UTC 2015

I liked the second sentence answer to 1a as originally drafted.   My only quibble is with the answer supplied to question 4.  It seems we have options about what budgets or plans can get *before* the board for the ultimate vote and we have options about contractual enforcement under the designator model that need further exploration.

As for the answer to 5, I think anytime a new entity is created that people are participating in and that make decisions for which money is on the table, there is always going to be the concern for lawsuits.  If another country does not recognize unincorporated associations, for example, the individuals participating in those associations might instead be the target for whatever lawsuit gets filed about their decision/action (possibly in another jurisdiction).  While California law is a main concern, we need to recognize that other parts of the world may not share the protections in their legal code and so would try to reach right through the California association.

Thanks,
Robin