[Acct-Legal] Proposed agenda for tomorrow's call

List for the work of CCWG-Accountability Legal SubTeam ccwg-accountability5 at icann.org
Wed Apr 22 03:35:16 UTC 2015

Dear team,

Attached you will find the proposed agenda for our tomorrow’s call. As usual, this is just a proposal that welcomes any addition or modification you consider pertinent.

Attached also the documents for discussion. As for the questions raised by Chris Disspain, I paste them here:

Under the current structure of ICANN and its SOs and ACs

1. Is it correct that a bylaw saying that a combination of those SOs and ACs can veto the budget or veto a bylaw change can be drafted and put in to the bylaws?

2. Is it correct that were there to be such a bylaw and the SOs and ACs were to veto the budget or a bylaw change pursuant to that bylaw then the Board of ICANN could ignore that veto and that the SOs and ACs could not enforce the veto?

3. Is it correct that the veto bylaw could be drafted to require binding arbitration in the event that the Board refused to follow the SO/AC veto and if so would the Board be bound by the arbitration finding?

4. Is it correct that a Board spill bylaw could be inserted in to the bylaws and if triggered would be enforceable?

Staff, I kindly ask you to please have the documents ready for display in the AC room.

Looking forward to our call tomorrow.

Best regards,

Best regards,

León