[Acct-Legal] [CCWG-ACCT] Minority Reports

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Thu Jul 30 10:38:35 UTC 2015

Hi Eberhard,

It appears you are posting to a list that isn't the CCWG list - I'm posting
to the same, I don't know who is on it.

You do seem to have a radically different idea as to what the purpose of
the group was. If we had started intervening in the things that Keith
listed as us not doing, all hell would surely have broken loose?

best
Jordan

On 30 July 2015 at 20:03, Dr Eberhard Lisse <el at lisse.na> wrote:

> Dear Co-Chairs,
>
> I am going to quote the first paragraph in my minority viewpoint because
> it explains the failure of the CCWG Accountability in two sentences.
>
> The second paragraph, which I have separated from the first for ease of
> reference is painfully absurd.
>
> greetings, el
>
> On 2015-07-30 07:09, Drazek, Keith wrote:
> [...]
> > I think it's also important to note the proposal currently under
> > discussion changes nothing about ICANN's day-to-day,
> > month-to-month, or even year-to-year operations and community
> > engagement structures.  Only in very rare cases would the proposed
> > Sole Member community empowerment model come into play.
>

> > In my opinion, its existence would be a powerful deterrent to bad
> > behavior and would therefore become an available but largely
> > unneeded tool.
> [...]
>
> --
> Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse  \        / Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (Saar)
> el at lisse.NA            / *     |   Telephone: +264 81 124 6733 (cell)
> PO Box 8421             \     /
> Bachbrecht, Namibia     ;____/

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

+64-495-2118 (office) | +64-21-442-649 (mob)
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*A better world through a better Internet *