[Acct-Legal] RES: Draft questions

Pedro Ivo Ferraz da Silva pedro.ivo at itamaraty.gov.br
Fri Mar 6 00:22:26 UTC 2015

Dear Becky,

Thanks for your comments and for sharing your concerns.

Just to give you a quick and simple answer (to be further elaborated):

By "international status" and "not being subject to the legislation of a single country" I simply mean being subject to international legislation (which includes, e.g. in the case of an ordinary International organization, abiding by its Constitutive Treaty and other international norms).

'Privileges and immunities' can be restricted in various levels. But I agree with you, it is an important aspect of this issue and I would expect it to be taken carefully  into consideration when this question is addressed by International Law experts.

Regards,

Sec. Pedro Ivo Ferraz da Silva
Divisão de Sociedade da Informação (DI)
Ministério das Relações Exteriores