[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Declaration of Intent

Erika Mann erika at erikamann.com
Wed Apr 5 16:12:00 UTC 2017

Dear All -

we received many follow-up questions in relation to our last exchange on
the CCWG New gTLD Auction Proceeds call concerning the Declaration of
Intent. Marika was so kind to answer already some questions but we thought
it would be good to summarize the key points quickly below.

·         We are aware that it is not possible for anyone to predict with
100% certainty at this stage in the process whether or not you or your
employer/organization will apply for new gTLD Auction Proceeds, as this may
be dependent on the outcome of our overall deliberations and many other
factors.

·         Based on the agreement on last week’s call, the responses to
question 6 will be posted in full on the working group wiki so that it is
easy for all to review. As such, we ask you to use your best judgment based
on your current knowledge when filling out the response to question 6. It
is perfectly fine to add caveats to this response as some of you have
suggested on the mailing list.

·         Please see this as your responsibility to update your Declaration
of Intent statement on a regular basis and please be so kind to communicate
any updates to staff (@gnso-secs at icann.org) as well.

·         As noted before, the overall goal is transparency in relation to
the intentions that those that participate in the current CCWG New gTLD
Auction Proceeds may have.

We hope these short comments are helpful.

Have a lovely weekend,

Erika

Erika Mann

Co-Chair CCNSO New gTLD Auction Proceeds

GNSO Council

erika at erikamann.com

+32 498 12 13 54 <+32%20498%2012%2013%2054>