[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Mp3, Attendance, AC Recording & AC chat for CCWG Auction Proceeds call on Thursday, 13 April 2017

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Thu Apr 13 17:49:45 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the CCWG Auction Proceeds call held on Thursday, 13 April 2017 at 14:00 UTC.

Mp3: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-auction-proceeds-13apr17-en.mp3
AC Recording: https://participate.icann.org/p7bq55arg6l/

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group-2Dactivities_calendar-23nov&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=uidTA5V7RlRhqXBxGhLbVHOzk2lvDzLHK99nhjsKzW0&s=G7owpjQHHbzd9bFlrfdYX7Lik6lU9W8BeG1n7HUqLpI&e=>

Wiki page:  https://community.icann.org/x/BsfRAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle DeSmyter

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Thursday, 13 April 2017

 Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the New gTLD Auction Proceeds Cross Community Working Group call on Thursday, 13 April 2017 at 14:00 UTC.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Agenda Wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_BsfRAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=baQjovXr_-7z1JeO3TgccZZBrTa2n6OS6WjyYFfGTCA&s=KlyDLwCelMAmkDsyISgTm2Na5Vm7Fk-vT5WYNRoDzfY&e=
  Olga Cavalli:hello good morning here
  Michelle DeSmyter:Hello, welcome Olga!
  Marc Gauw:Goodafternoon from a cold and windy Amsterdam
  Julf Helsingius:Good afternoon from, yes, a windy and gray Amsterdam :)
  Marc Gauw::-)
  Manal Ismail:Hello everyone from sunny Cairo :) !!
  Becky Burr:hello Manal
  Becky Burr:1
  Becky Burr:it is cloudy in DC
  Ching Chiao:Hello everyone
  Olga Cavalli:it is a holiday here :)
  Erika Mann:Hi, hi everryone!
  Vanda Scartezini:hi everyone!
  Daniel Dardailler:Bonjour à tous from sunny French Riviera
  Erika Mann:Shall we get started? Everyone ready?
  Maureen Hilyard:Yes
  Asha Hemrajani:Hello all
  Manal Ismail:hi Becky :) !!
  Asha Hemrajani:Hi Michelle, I have sent you a message
  Michelle DeSmyter:I will send her a private chat
  Marika Konings 2:She just noted that AC shut down on her and is logging back in
  Erika Mann:I'm back ... Adobe shut down
  Julf Helsingius:I think someone has their mic on, there is a bit of a ringing echo
  Marika Konings 2:Please note that the wiki page has now been updated per our discussion on the previous meeting: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_FpjDAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=baQjovXr_-7z1JeO3TgccZZBrTa2n6OS6WjyYFfGTCA&s=Zktc9tihWh8UoO2WdcbvVZ-7z6Mp4-9ysdBF938O5o0&e=
  Daniel Dardailler:I'm going to call in via phone
  Ching Chiao:Adobe also asked me to download something ...
  Ching Chiao:I think last time we said we want to have a simple letter reply and get it out ASAP
  John Levine:sorry to be late
  Jonathan Robinson:@Erika. Agree with you appraoch to deal wiht this carefully. The board has asserted a position. The Group / Community needs to accept the boards position and/or push back accordingly.
  Jonathan Robinson:@Erika. Your audio is good. The volume may be a little loud but it's clear to me.
  Erika Mann:Thank you Jonathan,
  Marika Konings 2:Alan, you are referring to the CCWG Accountability, correct?
  Asha Hemrajani:@Marika yes that is my understanding too.
  Marika Konings 2:Alan, if you have some suggested wording, please feel free to suggest.
  Alberto Soto:Hello! Sorry for being late!
  Alan Greenberg:@Marika, yes, and Bernie can provide the details if needed.
  Asha Hemrajani:@Alan agree and that's why it would be good for the CCWG to put together the budget at the appropriate time (after we understand better what it is that is needed)
  Erika Mann:Hello Alberto!
  Stephanie Perrin:My apologies for being late.
  Erika Mann:Stephanie, we're just reviewing the Board letter. Glad you can join today!
  Marika Konings 2:as far as I understand that relates to CCWG-Accountability meetings which take part outside of the normal framework of meetings.
  hadia elminiawi:apologies for being late, I joined 10 minutes ago
  Becky Burr:the costs are based on the needs of the CCWG
  Vanda Scartezini:@alan, good question
  Marika Konings 2:the "normal" overhead is part of this effort, but anything that goes beyond that will need to planned for separately.
  Marika Konings 2:and as Asha says, that would need to be identified based on need.
  Alan Greenberg:We can figure out needs at the appropriate time. My question is whether when we do that budget will ONLY be the new marginal costs, or if it will include costs already budgeted by ICANN.
  Jonathan Robinson:@All. In terms of checking costs, sugest checking language of charter as starting point and then take the forecasting approach suggested by Asha, if required.
  Alberto Soto:Sorry, I have serious problems with my internet connection. I have a few cuts. Is my ISP
  Ching Chiao:"#action 2: staff to consult with Xavier Calve. Proposal then to be discussed in this " do we plan to put this in the letter ?
  Erika Mann:Alberto, shall someone call you?
  Alan Greenberg:Our first cut is that we currently are not aware of any need for funds.  My only issues was WHAT line items we need to include when and if we have a need for funds
  Wale Bakare:Hi all. Apologies for joining late
  Marika Konings 2:Thanks, Alan, I think I understand your point know. My understanding is that only additional costs beyond support already provided. but happy to stand corrected.
  Marika Konings 2:so we can clarify that in the letter.
  Asha Hemrajani:@alan the first cut may include for instance, if the CCWG decides, an expert on fund disbursement
  Alan Greenberg:@Marika, yes, you've go it.
  Alan Greenberg:@Erika, Correct. Until we understand what we need to do, we cannot commit to that hard figure.
  Marc Gauw:The overhhead is also linked to legal restrictions for 501-look-a-likes
  Olga Cavalli:ok
  Jonathan Robinson:@Erika. Agreeed. It seems like a reasonable target but it's not yet clear how it will fit in with CWG "business model"
  Marc Gauw:In holland e.g. 10 %
  Julf Helsingius:agree
  Vanda Scartezini:5% is a good mark
  Manal Ismail:+1 Erika .. agree ..
  Maureen Hilyard:@Erika 5% is a reasonable ask
  Marika Konings 2:Asha, can you here Becky speak?
  Asha Hemrajani:YEs
  Erika Mann:Yes, Marika
  judith hellerstein:Sorry about being late. I joined about 10 minutes ago and was reading the chat
  Jonathan Robinson:So ... following on from Becky, the wide net is about particpation in the CCWG. Not necessarily applicants for funding. That "net" will come later.
  Olga Cavalli:becky sounded low
  Asha Hemrajani:I want to echo Becky's points here - which is reflective of the Board's concerns - that a) broad participation is needed and b) figure out the goals & objectives of the funds
  Becky Burr:correct Jonathan
  Asha Hemrajani:+1 Jonathan
  Becky Burr:yes, that's correct Alan
  Asha Hemrajani:@Alan yes - at this point of time
  Asha Hemrajani:@erika yes exactly
  Jonathan Robinson:@Erika. I also recall Steve being clear that he wanted as broad as possible particpation in CCWG including from outside "normal" ICANN circles.
  Becky Burr:Yes, in order to develop a shared understanding of what we want to accomplish with the funds
  Becky Burr:it is useful to have broad participation in this group.  e.g., ISOC, NRO, SSAC, etc
  Maureen Hilyard:@Erka I think inclusiveness of all other parties is important
  Ching Chiao:I think the letter could add that "CCWG plans to reach out to the wilder internet community for our work"
  judith hellerstein:+maureen
  Marc Gauw:This bullit is perfectly phrased. However, if nevertheless the Board  decides that there still is a conflict of interest at the CCWG partipants that have 'YES" or 'MAYBE" in their DOI, they should be forgiven that they joined the CCWG for about 3 months, and therefor they should still keep the same rights on the auction funds as anybody else after they are being forced by the Board to leave the CCWG !
  Ching Chiao:Steve's original text " Sixth, to avoid conflicts of interest, there should be clear separation of those deciding general direction, those choosing specific projects and those receiving the funds."
  Ching Chiao:clear separation
  Becky Burr:for now, transparency is key
  Manal Ismail:+1 for transparency ..
  Julf Helsingius:OK with the current text
  Maureen Hilyard:agree with the text
  Alan Greenberg:Support Erika.  Cannot include all idea without possibility of some participants later applying.
  Olga Cavalli:agree with trasparency
  Asha Hemrajani:We are not talking about complete exclusion.   What we are concerned about is clear transparency about where individual members/observers are coming from.
  Erika Mann:Vanda, we can't hear you
  Olga Cavalli:we can hear typing
  marques:agree with transparency
  hadia elminiawi:+1 Becky with regard to transparency
  Marc Gauw:Yes
  Maureen Hilyard:yes
  judith hellerstein:+1 Asha
  Julf Helsingius:sure!
  Manal Ismail:Yes ..
  judith hellerstein:yes
  hadia elminiawi:sure
  Vanda Scartezini:guess alla gree with transparency
  John Levine:sorry, have to leave for another call
  Erika Mann:John - thank you for having joined our common call!
  Wale Bakare:I agree with transparency as  well
  Vanda Scartezini: yes.
  Maureen Hilyard:@Erika it sets out the items relevant to each question
  Maureen Hilyard:easy to check through
  Erika Mann:Indeed, Maureen!
  Vanda Scartezini:+ 1 Maureen
  judith hellerstein:yes easy to use
  Olga Cavalli:+1Maureen
  Wale Bakare:Please, permit me to step out
  Wale Bakare:Thank you all, bye
  Marika Konings 2:Maybe charter question 2 could be expanded to that end? It currently reads: 2. As part of this framework, what will be the limitations of fund allocation, factoring in that the funds need to be used inline with ICANN's mission while at the same time recognising the diversity of communities that ICANN serves? Thisshould include recommendations on how to assess whether the proposed use is aligned with ICANN's Mission.Furthermore consideration is expected to be given to what safeguards, if any, need to be in place.
  Becky Burr:I think Charter Question 2 is close to asking about goals and objectivew
  judith hellerstein:yes
  Maureen Hilyard:yes
  Asha Hemrajani:Yes Marika - it would need to be specifically expanded.
  hadia elminiawi:+1 Asha
  Becky Burr:Yes, goals and objectives are just a more positive way of getting at the Charter #2 questions
  judith hellerstein:+1 Sam Eisner. I think this is might be good idea
  Marika Konings 2:You are welcome :-)
  Asha Hemrajani:Thank you Marika
  Stephanie Perrin:I just want to thank Marika and staff for walking us through all these rather iterative steps, it is very helpful as the amount of homework we need to digest as we contemplate goals and paramters   is  signiificant.
  Marc Gauw:+1
  Maureen Hilyard:+1 Stephanie these templatse are real helpful
  Vanda Scartezini:happy easter and Happy pesach to all
  judith hellerstein:Thanks Vanda
  marques:Happy Easter to all !!
  Olga Cavalli:happy easter!
  judith hellerstein:Yes Marika, not sure i did the doodle, but i will be there
  Ching Chiao:thanks Marika for the update
  Vanda Scartezini:tks Marika
  Alice Munyua:Happy Easter everyone
  Ching Chiao:Happy Holidays
  Marika Konings 2:Will do - the beach is waiting :-)
  Marc Gauw:Happy Eastern !
  Julf Helsingius:Happy Easter!
  Asha Hemrajani:Thank you Erika
  Joke Braeken:thank you all. Bye
  Manal Ismail:Happy Easter everyone .. Thanks Erika, Marika and everyone .. Bye ..
  Jonathan Robinson:Thank-you Erika
  judith hellerstein:bye
  Jacob Odame-Baiden:Happy Easter
  bverd (RSSAC):Happy Easter all.