[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] For your review - Objective/priorities & examples mind map

Carolina Caeiro carolina at lacnic.net
Tue Aug 22 15:15:34 UTC 2017

Marika,

Thanks for responding directly to my email.

As Sylvia pointed out below, I understand that changing the text for the
overall objective means we would have to revalidate it with all group
members. However, I do not want to miss the chance to state what would
be a reasonable objective in my perspective.

I think the language around unique identifier systems works well. I
would even add some direct reference to infrastructure, for instance:

"The overall objective of the allocation of the new gTLD Auction
Proceeds is to benefit the development and evolution of the Internet's
Unique Identifier Systems and Internet infrastructure."

I would add that if we shift from just DNS to a more comprehensive
objective framed around unique identifier systems, the word
"distribution" in the original text (I think it read something like
"development, distribution and evolution of DNS") makes less sense and
can be excluded.

I will catch up now with the emails about the definition of Open
Internet and provide any additional comments on that separate email thread.

Many thanks to all,

Carolina