[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Proposed agenda - CCWG Auction Proceeds on Thursday 24 August at 14.00 UTC

Vanda Scartezini vanda at scartezini.org
Wed Aug 23 21:39:51 UTC 2017

 My comment now at the document Marika has posted today.
 It is using some  of Sylvia's text with some of Daniel’s and this would be my  entire suggestion for definition of Open Internet  and the rationale is also below.

Under ICANN’s role, the Internet is Open when it  is equally accessible to all people for all purposes, under the following context:
- No control or impediments are placed based on the sender, recipient, content, application or type of data being transmitted;
 - Participation on an equal footing at all levels is encouraged, specially by those that might be discriminated against
- Applicable to the following layers:
- Transport and presentation layer (TCP/IP, Web, directly linked to DNS operations, and needs funding)
- Addressing layer (IPv6, DNS, ICANN core activities)
- Training is available about how to manage, operate and how to use the Internet, as well as education in how to use it effectively

Rationale:

  *    Layers - I tend to agree with Daniel, not all layers shall be available. Physical  layer is not under ICANN’s role and we shall avoid projects related to physical infrastructure. Content is also far from ICAnn’s role –
  *   Even core activities need development –  even issues nowadays funding by ICANN may be open to be considered if brings some added value to ICANN, then new projects and ideas shall be encouraged.

 Best to all
Vanda Scartezini
Polo Consultores Associados
Av. Paulista 1159, cj 1004