[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] [Ext] F2f planned in Copenhagen ?

Daniel Dardailler danield at w3.org
Sat Feb 4 09:27:16 UTC 2017

On 2017-02-02 19:13, Marika Konings wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Staff has tentatively requested Wednesday from 15.15 – 16.45 local
> time for a CCWG-Auction Proceeds meeting. It is up to the CCWG to
> decide whether or not you want to make use of that slot, but it is
> easier to cancel the slot than to request one at a later date.

I'll be there as well.

I'm a bit surprised by seeing only 90 minutes allocated for a f2f. I
hardly see how we can discuss, let alone resolve, more than a couple of
issues in this timeframe, especially since it's our first f2f, so lots
of "get to know each other" overhead.

Or maybe I'm confused and this f2f will not be a working group meeting
(making progress on our issue list) but more of a report to the
community kind of event ?

Related to ICANN WG f2f, I have a few questions.

So far, I haven't seen any dramatic difference in the way this group is
run vs. a W3C working group developping a technical specification. We
also have teleconfs, we have email exchanges (and documents being edited
in parallel), but all our WG f2f are at least one full day, sometimes 2
or 3 days long. And they usually have 3 of those per year (besides those
held at our plenary). IETF is similar I think.

The rationale is that f2f, given their higher communication bandwidth,
are where most progress are made in resolving issues, and also that of
course it costs a lot of money to gather 20 experts in one location, so
better use their time effectively.

Maybe there is a difference between a f2f run as part of an ICANN
plenary, and an isolated WG f2f ?