[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Sarah Berg - ICANN contractor

Sylvia Cadena sylvia at apnic.net
Thu Feb 23 00:40:08 UTC 2017

Thanks Marika.

Expertise is certainly welcome (I certainly describe on the document asking for expertise, that we needed someone with a similar profile to provide advice/expertise).

It will be very important to clarify to whom will she providing advice (staff? board?) and at what times, as the CCWG work is just starting and we are quite far away from making recommendations about what mechanism is most desirable and what will be the rules of engagement for that. I would understand such commission if the CCWG already had a draft proposal for the board to review, but at the moment it seems quite premature.

I certainly hope not be working on parallel tracks or duplicate efforts. It will be great to have her input for the CCWG discussions and have her actively participate (as a participant) on the CCWG and to make sure all possible attempts are made to avoid wasting people’s time and effort.

On another note, can you confirm prior to the call what the status of the file with the charter questions is? I certainly hope that all members and participants took the time to provide their input.

Regards,

Sylvia

Sylvia Cadena  |  APNIC Foundation | Head of Programs | sylvia at apnic.net
http://www.apnic.foundation <http://www.apnic.foundation/>

ISIF Asia | http://www.isif.asia <http://www.isif.asia/>
FB ISIF.asia | G+ ISIFAsia | @ISIF_Asia

6 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane, QLD,  4101 Australia | PO Box 3646
Tel: +61 7 3858 3100 |  Fax: +61 7  3858 3199

* Love trees. Print only if necessary.