[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Recordings, attendance & AC Chat from CCWG Auction Proceeds call on Thursday, 30 November 2017 at 14:00 UTC

Julie Bisland julie.bisland at icann.org
Thu Nov 30 17:47:44 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email, and the AC Chat, MP3 and Adobe Connect recording below for the CCWG Auction Proceeds call held on Thursday, 30 November 2017 at 14:00 UTC.

Mp3:   https://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-auction-proceeds-30nov17-en.mp3

AC Recording:     https://participate.icann.org/p7kxxql2hq0/<https://participate.icann.org/p7kxxql2hq0/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=c5dc117acd7d7b4d65d028e4b8b4cd2806a0dcdefbc08737427d20d0f97a6a85>

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group-2Dactivities_calendar-23nov&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=uidTA5V7RlRhqXBxGhLbVHOzk2lvDzLHK99nhjsKzW0&s=G7owpjQHHbzd9bFlrfdYX7Lik6lU9W8BeG1n7HUqLpI&e=>

Wiki agenda page:    https://community.icann.org/x/ewJyB

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julie

---------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Thursday, 30 November 2017

  Julie Bisland:Welcome to the CCWG New gTLD Auction Proceeds call on Thursday 30 November 2017 at 14:00 UTC

  Julie Bisland:Agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_ewJyB&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=eOxn0jvcqLjx9pdXFg9aRAr_jXzSTP74tEaKv5waOU8&s=pYn-tRavRukohkksB8UJgOwst-O4JarAX9KJjnwlCIE&e=

  Erika Mann:Julie - hi, can we check audio please!

  Julf Helsingius:Have learned to join early in case Adobe requires an update again...

  Julie Bisland:very good, Julf, yes, that's so helpful :)

Erika Mann:Hi Ching!

  Judith Hellerstein:using the adobe connect separate application. very good and cuts down on problems

  Erika Mann:Sound good Julf

  Judith Hellerstein:HI Ching

  Ching Chiao:Hi Judith how are you ?

  Vanda Scartezini:hi all

  Wale Bakare:Hi all

  Vanda Scartezini:was not paying attention , working in a side meeting...

  Judith Hellerstein:Good thanks you.

  Nadira Al-Araj:Hi everyone

  Alan Greenberg:Sorry to be late.

  Marilyn Cade:sorry to be a few minutes late.

  Becky Burr:hello - we are working on feedback

  Erika Mann:Marilyn?

  Judith Hellerstein:We cannot hear her

  Julie Bisland:@Marilyn, we can't hear you

  Marilyn Cade:I am talking.

  Julie Bisland:yes, we can hear you now

  Judith Hellerstein:I hear you now

  Erika Mann:Yes, Sebastian

  Judith Hellerstein:Erika, If I understand it Finance has to put in a request to us

  Marika Konings:For those interested, you can find the public comment period referenced here:  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_public-2Dcomments_reserve-2Dfund-2D2017-2D10-2D12-2Den&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=eOxn0jvcqLjx9pdXFg9aRAr_jXzSTP74tEaKv5waOU8&s=ry9ebP-U0Uvmtui8DuAaZUDkYRCQ9P2m0WN8w-vCwWA&e=

  Joke Braeken:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_public-2Dcomments_reserve-2Dfund-2D2017-2D10-2D12-2Den&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=eOxn0jvcqLjx9pdXFg9aRAr_jXzSTP74tEaKv5waOU8&s=ry9ebP-U0Uvmtui8DuAaZUDkYRCQ9P2m0WN8w-vCwWA&e= comments close today

  Erika Mann:Thank you Joke!

  Wale Bakare:I would like to slightly be in agreement with Judith. Let the Finance put it to the AP sub-group. But all the same, the AP sub-group can begin discussion on how much is needed to shore up the reserve fund

  Tony Harris:Apologies for being late (traffic)

  Marilyn Cade:My comments as only one of the BC participants was to note that the BC has submitted comments on reserve fund level. As to whether the BC supports the use of auction proceeds to contribute it is premature to comment on BC perspectives. We do have several BC participants/observers, and undoubtedly we will advance this discussion. I merely want to note that the BC has submitted comments on the ICANN Budget/PTI funding.

  Vanda Scartezini:yes, it is premature for now.

  Becky Burr:@Marilyn, we understand that there may be a variety of views across the community as to whether or not it is appropriate to use auction funds for the reserve.

  Marilyn Cade:thanks, Becky. I am assuming you are meaning that the Board understands...

  Marilyn Cade:I need to ask why we are cutting out the community activities and consensus building processes...

  Erika Mann:Not sure what you mean Marilyn?

  Marilyn Cade:I do not fully agree with Xavier on this topic, so I'd like to comment.

  Erika Mann:Marilyn?

  Marika Konings:@Marilyn - yes, you are correct on duplication of footnote. I will get that fixed.

  Tony Harris:I would support Marylin on this

  Marilyn Cade:But, really, Erika, that funding is not adequate to support such activities.

  Maureen Hilyard:I agree with Marilyn in that some of that projects that have been suggested in our list are not covered by ICANN and therefore need additional  funds in order to proceed

  Maureen Hilyard:sone of the projects

  Ching Chiao:agree with Alan (and Marilyn)

  Judith Hellerstein:I agree with alan and marilyn

  Vanda Scartezini:yes, Alan , several activities are overlapping -

  Maureen Hilyard:I agree with Alan, that there shouldn't be overlap

  Judith Hellerstein:I agree with Jonathan

  Vanda Scartezini:+ 1 Jonathan

  Nadira Al-Araj:The overlap will exist to what I understood so far

  Maureen Hilyard:+1 Jonathan

  Marika Konings:I am happy to make the updates

  Jonathan Robinson:I am fine with Marika making the update

  Marilyn Cade::I don't think that Xavier's purpose was captured by just cutting this out. I prefer to reinstall it. Capturing Xavier's point can be captured differently.

  Becky Burr:I note, for example, that one of the scenarios contemplated development of better tools for remote participation, which certainly supports consensus building, etc.

  Vanda Scartezini:yes, MArilyn as Alan said and we agreed  this is aready done and will be always overlapping on regular and topic activities

  Judith Hellerstein:@erika, yes that is exactly what we were thinking of by your sumary

  Marilyn Cade:we will work with Marika.

  Marika Konings:I already made the updates discussed, so I will attach it with the notes and action items for your review.

  Nadira Al-Araj:yes

  Marika Konings:Note that further details on examples, there is also the examples document :-)

  Marilyn Cade:but we have the examples document, and all of my comments were consistent with that, I think ...

  Judith Hellerstein:I think this bullet is also covered by the 3rd bullet--Create social & economic values....

  Jonathan Robinson:I think the examples document is a good reference point.

  Judith Hellerstein:so am fine with deleting it as it is covered by the 3rf bullet and also by the examples

  Jonathan Robinson:Agree. The developemnt and use of the examples document will be very useful going forward.

  Ching Chiao:i think it's good -- as milestone documents after 10+ months of work of this WG :)

  Marika Konings:I understood it would go back in, but just with a footnote?

  Maureen Hilyard:I think we should leave it with Marika and the team to work on the document

  Marilyn Cade:thanks for this clarification, Erika and others. I really appreciate this.

  Marilyn Cade:When I started at ICANN, there were four staff, and no other services.  Alan is quite correct that we have come a long way from having only 200M Internet users in 2000, to where we are today, and fortunately, ICANN is maturing along side the Internet. WHEW. Thanks to Alan fo yrour comments

  Marilyn Cade:I should have said, when Tony Harris, Stephan Deerhake, and Vanda started at ICANN... :-)

  Vanda Scartezini:yeah marilyn, long time ago...

  Marika Konings:See item 6 on the agenda Marilyn :-)

  Judith Hellerstein:WE have always done public sessions where every session is open

  Vanda Scartezini:yes

  Marilyn Cade:but we need to have a really good time slot, so that we get attendance from the GAC and all SOs/ACs... timing is everything. :-)  I was part of the President's Strategy Working Group for three years, and I learned over and over that if we have a bad time slot, some groups can't attend.. so book early!!!!

  Marika Konings:Do you think it would be ripe for a cross-community discussion - deadline for submissions is 15 December.

  Maureen Hilyard:It is a global list and some people have to make concessions in order to participate.. these meetings are at 4am for me..

  Marilyn Cade:Marika, there are a lot of other comments due on Dec 15, and also some are traveling to the IGF... Could we move the deadline to January 15? Any chance?

  Marilyn Cade: This doesn't seem to include some of the other suggestions made for "expertise".... also, if any of these are proposing that they would then submit proposals, they should be put in a sort of special category.

  Marika Konings:@Marilyn - no, I don't think so as the submission deadline for cross-community sessions was already extended, and it is needed to build out the rest of the schedule.

  Marika Konings:The document is also available here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1QtwFa9nCIMq8JYCtBHxAyQraWQ6M-2DiNNP4Kyq6q9Cds_edit&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=eOxn0jvcqLjx9pdXFg9aRAr_jXzSTP74tEaKv5waOU8&s=5xGxp7GEXlOT7TxQWzTyNyGtH2plEH57GLUvyj8J2iA&e=

  Marilyn Cade:I submitted some other suggestions -- such as World Bank, and interdevelopment development bank, but I note that none of them are noted. I also note that we have suggestions

  Marilyn Cade:that are recommended from only a few parties.  I think we need to reconsider, as Tony is suggesting, to listen to . others

  Vanda Scartezini:yes, marilyn there are quite others even in the third world with less cost

  Marika Konings:@Marilyn - did you add those suggestions to the google doc?

  Marika Konings:Oh, I see now - the version on the screen did not take up the redline suggestions - let me try again or look at the google doc version

  Vanda Scartezini:the list is just a suggestion  of alternatives

  John Levine:sorry, have to go

  Marilyn Cade:ah, ha, so many thanks, Marika.

  Marika Konings:Here is the full list of suggestions - sorry about that

  Marilyn Cade:Thanks, Marika. I have to be away for 5 minutes. will be back shortly.

  Maureen Hilyard:We also have to be mindful of developing regions like the Pacific for which there are very limited funding organisations that understand the region enough to provide appropriate support

  Maureen Hilyard:that would go for other similarly underserved regions

  Tony Harris:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__en.wikipedia.org_wiki_Swiss-5FAgency-5Ffor-5FDevelopment-5Fand-5FCooperation&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=eOxn0jvcqLjx9pdXFg9aRAr_jXzSTP74tEaKv5waOU8&s=PRnDN-TvJgznZZ_48SusbtOZqmfbNr5DkpPXLU6texw&e=

  Maureen Hilyard:Marika can the new document be made scrollable?

  Marika Konings:@Maureen - it should already be. It is not working for you?

  Maureen Hilyard:yes it is now.. my AC has been a little problematic this morning thank you

  Tony Harris:If you access the link I just sent, and scroll down to bottom you get the ful list of Development Agencies. BTW Alan is right and ICT4D was phased out some years ago, but IG and social business initiatives are on the radar of some of these

  Marilyn Cade:Thanks, Tony.

  Marilyn Cade:can you have Marika post this, and then we can comment on the list ? Also, again, I will suggest that we propose  some questions/and I am happy to work with Alan and others...

  Vanda Scartezini:will do marika

  Marilyn Cade:on board with that two weeks, Marika...

  Marika Konings:As a reminder, up on the screen are the questions that have been identified to date.

  Vanda Scartezini:thanks marika

  Erika Mann:Understood  Marilyn and Vanda!

  Vanda Scartezini:great. Saturday is normally easier than during the week

  Jonathan Robinson:I plan to arrive late Friday.

  Vanda Scartezini:or Sunday

  Judith Hellerstein:Can we do it on sunday?

  Marilyn Cade:Can you use a Doodle poll? that seems to be better option if possible.

  Jonathan Robinson:Doodle of CWG participants makes sense.

  Joke Braeken:Sunday is very difficult for the ccNSO as well, due to Working Groups being scheduled at that time

  Marilyn Cade:Support to a public session with CCWG  -- we need to raise awareness, I think.

  Marilyn Cade:BUT please let's make sure is not on the day that the ccNSO Council meeting is, or that the GAC communique is being drafted.

  Marilyn Cade:Let's use the Doodle poll. Some of us are self funding our travel and extra days are very very very challenging, and once we start traveling, we can't be online when in the plane...

  Sebastien (ALAC):The meeting in Puerto Rico is from Saturday 10 to Thursday 15 of March

  Julf Helsingius:Thanks, Erika!

  Nadira Al-Araj:thank you

  Vanda Scartezini:nice day/evening to all

  Ching Chiao:Thanks everyone!

  Jonathan Robinson:Thank-you Erika & ICANN Staff

  Vanda Scartezini: thanks

  Judith Hellerstein:bye all