[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Example of ICANN study based on ICANN's broader mission

James Gannon james at cyberinvasion.net
Fri Oct 13 17:22:01 UTC 2017

Just for the record Many members of the community have expressed concern about this report for exactly those reasons.

Sent from my iPhone

On 13 Oct 2017, at 17:12, Nadira Alaraj <nadira.araj at gmail.com<mailto:nadira.araj at gmail.com>> wrote:

Dear CCWG-AP members and ICANN staff,

I thought to share with you below the announced study on the Digital Economy in the Middle East conducted by ICANN Middle East Global Stakeholder Engagement office.

I think this study works as an example on the debated issue of the range of projects that AP fund could support.  This study, doesn't support directly ICANN core mission on DNS but it handles the broader digital economy which I believe if is away with some margin from ICANN core mission.

An issue to think about.

Best,
Nadira