[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Notes and action items from new gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG meeting

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 20:47:10 UTC 2018

Yes Carolina and Marilyn, a very interesting perspective.

Have ICANN assured us that they would not have a problem with sending
grants to NGOS anywhere in the world?

>From my perspective too, it seems a bit of a conflict that ICANN who is
very reluctant to even reimburse hard-working ICANN constituency volunteers
for expenses that they may pay out from their own pocket to attend ICANN
meetings and/or to carry out outreach and other work in the regions that
promote and support ICANN's mission, is being considered as the distributor
of  large sums of grant money to other outside personnel and organisations
to do the same.

Just a thought.