[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] ICANN62 - revised plan

Erika Mann erika at erikamann.com
Thu May 31 13:06:51 UTC 2018

Dear All,

As discussed during last week’s meeting, the leadership team has further
considered the plans for ICANN62 in Panama and, noting the current state of
work, we like to propose to postpone the high interest topic (HIT) session
to ICANN63. By then the Initial Report should be out and a substantive
discussion can be held with the community on the proposed recommendations.

However, this should not mean that no update is provided on the status of
work during ICANN62. The leadership team would like to propose to host an
open F2F WG meeting, instead of the HIT session, which would kick off with
a status update for those interested.

Furthermore, the leadership team will be available to come and present to
your respective groups, ideally in cooperation with CCWG AP
members/participants. Please be so kind to check with your group to see
whether there's an interest in arranging such an exchange.

We hope this presents a reasonable balance between making sure the
community is able to get an update on the latest state of work, while not
taking up prime time while the Initial Report is not ready yet for
community review. If there is no objection to this approach, this would
mean that the F2F meeting of the WG would be scheduled for Wednesday 27
June from 15.15 – 16.45 local time. Please feel free to share any feedback
you may have with the mailing list. We hope to finalize this approach
during Thursday’s meeting.

Best regards,

Erika & Ching