[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Fwd: [CORRESPONDENCE] Request for input from ICANN Board - CCWG-AP

Vanda Scartezini vanda at scartezini.org
Sun Oct 7 20:35:41 UTC 2018

I also believe nothing will be impede AC/SOs to apply if compliant with the requisites. They are not departments/ divisions of ICANN. What will refrain the applicant is the involvement of any of us working in the Auction proceeds as per our conflict of interest statement.

Vanda Scartezini
Polo Consultores Associados
Av. Paulista 1159, cj 1004
01311-200- Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Land Line: +55 11 3266.6253
Mobile: + 55 11 98181.1464
Sorry for any typos.

On 10/7/18, 16:26, "Ccwg-auctionproceeds on behalf of Alan Greenberg" <ccwg-auctionproceeds-bounces at icann.org on behalf of alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca> wrote:

    At 07/10/2018 11:00 AM, John R. Levine wrote:
    >>BUT, For later discussion : am not sure what Bd thinks it is saying
    >>re whether or what funding an SO/AC community can apply. NONE of
    >>the SO/AC/constituencies are legally affiliated w ICANN.
    >
    >I believe the question is whether the SO or AC itself could ask for
    >money, e.g., the SSAC asks for money to study some security issue or the GNSO
    >asks for money for some study about perceptions of new TLDs.
    >
    >I don't think anyone considers the members of an SO or AC to be
    >inherently conflicted.
    >
    >R's,
    >John

    Correct. An AC, SO or SO Council is a creature of the ICANN Bylaws
    and if it were to apply, it is really ICANN applying. But and ALS for
    the ALAC or member of the GNSO (through one of its constituent
    parts), or a ccTLD, could apply.

    Alan