[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] [Ext] Re: For your review - draft Initial Report

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Wed Sep 12 11:55:02 UTC 2018

Thanks, Daniel, we'll note this as one of the topics to be further discussed.

Best regards,

Marika

On 9/12/18, 05:46, "Daniel Dardailler" <danield at w3.org> wrote:

    Hello Marika, all

    thanks to the staff for putting this draft together.

    I have to re-read the details of the mechanisms analysis but I wanted to
    react first on the scoping part of our deliverable.

    The truth is, there isn't much about scoping for fund allocation in this
    report, except in the preample, now relegated in a annex with a
    misleading title (no longer a preample).

    At some point, the report says "The charter specifies that as part of
    this proposal, the CCWG is also expected to consider the scope (see for
    further details below) of fund allocation"

    but I couldn't find a section on "scope of fund allocation" below it,
    and the section entitled "Scope of the CCWG" is mostly about mechanisms,
    not about guidelines for evaluating the value of future proposals in
    weighting relevance to the ICANN mission and goodness for the greater
    internet community (as our charter clearly states it).

    I think the preamble should be used as content for a new section (not an
    annex) on Scoping of fund allocation (focused on Charter question 2). At
    a minimum, I think, if it stays as annex, it should be renamed something
    like "Guidance for proposal review and selection" instead of Preamble.

    Thanks.