[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Updated templates and action items

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 18:35:44 UTC 2019

Hi all

My 2c with regards to the task set about whether we should add something
specific about including UA as a possible Auction Proceeds project when it
is already funded as a project under ICANN. With this, and similar
projects, I think we need to first look at what is actually being funded by
ICANN and whether projects that are important to ICANN's mission but cannot
be funded by ICANN could be covered by auction proceeds.

For example, the purpose of the UASG project is outreach. It involves GSE
and the UASG network and aims to raise awareness about UA among government
and other decision-making influencers, IT professional organisations and
related industries, and to promote the concept of a multilingual Internet.

However, the cost, for example, of incentivising software companies to
ensure that their "Internet applications and systems treat all TLDs,
including new gTLD and internationalised TLDs, in a consistent
manner", would not be a project for which ICANN could provide funding
support.

Maureen