[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] For your review - updated proposal for individual appeals mechanism

John R Levine johnl at taugh.com
Thu Aug 15 13:32:29 UTC 2019

> Following on from the last CCWG call and the input received on the individual
> appeals mechanism, please find attached an updated proposal for your review.
> Please share any comments, concerns or suggestions you may have in advance of
> the next CCWG meeting which has been scheduled for Wednesday 21 August.

It's OK to have an appeal process but this leaves some rather important
questions open, e.g.

* Who pays for the appeal?  Is it like UDRP where the parties split the cost, or
is it all ICANN?

* I expect that no matter what we say, most appeals will in fact be applicants
who are unhappy that they didn't get funded.  Is there a way to dispose of
obviously bogus appeals efficiently?  Obviously bogus means things like not
identifying any process failure other than saying no.

Regards,