[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Next steps re. Selection of mechanism and timeline to finalize work by ICANN66
marika.konings at icann.org
Wed Aug 21 22:27:09 UTC 2019
As discussed during today’s meeting, here are the proposed next steps regarding the selection of the mechanism(s) as well as the proposed timeline to finalize work by ICANN66. We would like to encourage the chartering organization appointed members to consult with their appointing organizations on their expectations with regards to these final steps as well as prepare them for the upcoming consultation on the indicative survey results and subsequent publication of the Final Report (either for public comment or for Chartering Organization consideration.
Next Steps re. selection of recommended Mechanism(s)
Once leadership and the CCWG are of the view that the content of the report, especially the descriptions of the different mechanisms, are in a near final state:
1. Conduct a mechanism ranking survey amongst CCWG members, including requesting input on whether one or two mechanisms should be put forward to the ICANN Board;
2. Share the results of the mechanism ranking indicative survey with CCWG. CCWG members to consult with their respective groups on the outcome of the survey and confirm whether or not it aligns with the expectations of the different chartering organizations. Sharing of the survey results would be accompanied with the latest version of the newsletter which would include details on the updates made in the final report.
3. Release an update of our regular AP newsletter to inform everyone about the process above.
4. Re-run mechanism ranking definitive survey amongst CCWG members. As a reminder, per the CCWG Charter, “in addition to the role that Chartering Organization appointed members have in relation to potential consensus calls or decisions (see below), they are expected to serve as a liaison between their respective Chartering Organization and the CCWG. Members must, if and when necessary, ensure that the Chartering Organizations are kept up to date on the progress and deliberations of the CCWG as well as sharing any input from the Chartering Organization with the CCWG.”
5. Leadership to review definitive results and assess level of support.
6. Leadership to confirm consensus designation to CCWG members (“consensus call”) – leadership team to review if any concerns regarding designation are expressed. If full consensus is not achieved, establish timeline by which minority statements are to be submitted.
7. Submit final report to Chartering Organizations for adoption OR publish proposed final report for public comment.
Timeline to finalize work by ICANN66
Expected Timing - By
Finalize work on items discussed during today’s meeting
Friday 23 August 2019
Staff to integrate agreed to language in draft final report and produce ‘final’ version for review
Friday 30 August 2019
CCWG to review draft final report and flag any issues of major concern
Wednesday 11 September 2019
* Discuss any major concerns identified
* Consider whether a public comment period is desirable
Wednesday 18 September 2019
Launch indicative survey on mechanisms
Friday 20 September 2019
Publish results of indicative survey
Friday 27 September 2019
CCWG members to consult with respective groups
Friday 11 October 2019
Re-launch survey on mechanisms
Monday 14 October 2019
Finalize report based on definitive survey results and either publish for public comment or submit to CO
Friday 25 October 2019
ICANN66 session to present Final Report
Wednesday 6 November 2019 – 15.15 – 18.30
Vice President, Policy Development Support – GNSO, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>
Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__learn.icann.org_courses_gnso&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=Cg5uQf0yAfw-qlFZ0WNBfsLmmtBNUiH0SuI6Vg-gXBQ&e=> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=tT-E2RoAucUb3pfL9zmlbRdq1sytaEf765KOEkBVCjk&e=>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ccwg-auctionproceeds