[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] [Ext] Re: DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MONDAY 9 DECEMBER: Indicative Poll on Mechanisms

Erika Mann erika at erikamann.com
Thu Dec 19 20:27:46 UTC 2019

Dear Sylvia,

Thank you for your review of the proposed Final Report and detailed
comments in response to the draft. The leadership team has carefully
reviewed and discussed the input, and I wanted to provide feedback about
the edits we made to the report, as well as items that were left unchanged
in the latest draft.

   - Where your comments suggested minor text edits or clarifications,
   staff went ahead and incorporated the changes into the latest version of
   the document.
   - In cases where you suggested changes to the text that has been agreed
   to and closed by the CCWG or where the CCWG agreed that decisions on a
   particular issue would be deferred to the implementation phase, at this
   stage, the leadership team recommends not to re-open closed items. We will
   have another chance to review the text once the Second Comment Period
   closes and when we will review these comments.
   - Where suggested edits would change language provided by the ICANN
   Board or Org about specific requirements or restrictions on the mechanism
   or use of funds, we didn't make any edits. If we would want to do this, we
   would have to re-open discussions with the Board and ICANN Org and we
   recommend not to do this - at least not at this stage.

If you believe strongly that there are areas where the text is not clear
enough, where key points are missing, or where there are items the CCWG
still needs to consider but has not yet discussed, it is still possible to
suggest specific edits for the CCWG to consider. However, given that the
CCWG is planning to publish the proposed Final Report for public comment
very soon, it will be easiest to share these items as a public comment that
the CCWG can discuss following the public comment period.

Please see additional responses in blue below.

If you would like to discuss further, please let me know and we can set up
a conversion to go over your feedback in greater detail. Thanks again for
your thorough review.

Kind regards,
Erika