[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Judith Hellerstein's comments on the Auction Proceeds Draft

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 27 11:28:07 UTC 2019

John, I am not going to critique anything about ISOC creating a foundation. why, wherefore, or amounts, or where the funding source comes from.

but, my point is we cannot use a single personal experience in the establishment of a foundation as the role model for ICANN.

 Such a recent situation and one that is individual to a particular entity in the technical community does not necessarily present a role model for others, but is a laudable response to a funding opportunity that benefitted ISOC< and where ISOC is creating a foundation to support its core mission.

BRAND new. Not a role model. Laudable for ISOC. Excellent!

Legal status of "parent" organization: different from ICANN.

Responsibility of "parent" organization -- VERY different.
Incorporation of organization -- Different