[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] For your review - Updated CCWG Proposed Final Report and proposed agenda for Wednesday's meeting

Johan Helsingius julf at julf.com
Wed Nov 6 13:18:19 UTC 2019

My apologies for not being able to attend due to schedule clashes.

	Julf

On 05/11/2019 19:44, Erika Mann wrote:
> Yes, Elliot, we scheduled a meeting on Wednesday in Montreal
>
> We will resend the invitation again.
>
> Erika
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 5, 2019, at 7:26 PM, Elliot Noss <enoss at tucows.com
> <mailto:enoss at tucows.com>> wrote:
>
>> is this face to face?
>>
>>> On Nov 1, 2019, at 5:46 PM, Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org
>>> <mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear CCWG,
>>>
>>> Please find attached an updated version of the proposed Final Report
>>> in which we’ve attempted to reflect the discussions from the last
>>> CCWG meeting. You will also find below the proposed agenda for
>>> Wednesday’s meeting. Please note that as a result of travel, the
>>> chairs have not had a chance to review the updated version of the
>>> proposed Final Report but to allow you as much time as possible to
>>> review this updated version, they agreed to go ahead and circulate it
>>> now. You are encouraged to flag any issues or concerns with this
>>> latest version prior to Wednesday’s meeting.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Marika
>>>
>>> ===========
>>>
>>> *Proposed Agenda – new gTLD Auction Proceeds Cross-Community Working
>>> Group*
>>> Wednesday 6 November from 17.00 – 18.30 UTC
>>>
>>> 1.      Roll call
>>> 2.      Welcome / DOI & SOI updates
>>> 3.      Short recap of current status of work:
>>> a.      Input received from ICANN Board & ICANN Org in relation to
>>> clarifying questions posed by CCWG
>>> (seehttps://community.icann.org/display/CWGONGAP/Additional+Questions+and+Responses)
>>> b.      Survey not launched yet as input from ICANN Board, especially
>>> on mechanism C, was deemed essential to inform survey. Survey
>>> expected to be launched shortly after ICANN66 so that indicative
>>> consensus designations can be included in proposed Final Report.
>>> c.       Staff & leadership team have proposed a number of updates to
>>> proposed Final Report in line with clarifications provided by ICANN
>>> Board & ICANN Org – those reviewed during the last and agreed to have
>>> been accepted. Changes as a result of last week’s meeting and those
>>> not reviewed yet can be seen in redline in the latest version. A
>>> couple of outstanding items remain for CCWG consideration.
>>> d.      CCWG agreed during its meeting on 23 October to prepare
>>> launch of public comment on proposed Final Report shortly after ICANN66.
>>> 4.      Outstanding issues:
>>> a.      Page 24 – any concerns about the proposed modification in
>>> relation to programmatic adjustments and baskets?
>>> b.      Page 26 – Consider Board input and decide whether updates
>>> should be made to this section.
>>> c.       Page 27/28 – any concerns in relation to the updates made to
>>> change OEC to ‘through a committee if appropriate’ following Board input?
>>> d.      Page 28 – consider Board input on topic of compensation and
>>> decide whether any updates should be made to this paragraph.
>>> e.      Page 39 – any concerns in relation to the proposed
>>> modification to point 5 in line with the Board’s input?
>>> f.        Any other issues?
>>> 5.      Confirm next steps:
>>> 1.      Launch of survey –timing?
>>> 2.      Launch of public comment period – approach & timing?
>>> 3.      Communication to Chartering Organizations
>>> 4.      Inclusion of Minority view points in Final Report
>>> 5.      Confirm action items / immediate next steps