[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Revised Proposed Final Report and Indicative Poll on Mechanisms - Deadline 3 December 2019

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Nov 23 02:30:45 UTC 2019

Sam, In my mind, ANY term is likely to have some
problems, so I agree that we need to pick a term
but then qualify what we mean. In most cases
where we use the term, we also qualify or expand
it with expressions like :under-represented
countries" or "underserved populations"

As has been pointed, where we are targetting such
populations, we are also aiming at disadvantaged
populations that may reside within a higher-income contry.

So pick something, but then with a foot note of
more formal definition make it clear what we mean.

Also note that we are not RESTRICTING grants to
such groups but merely targeting them.

Alan