[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Revised Proposed Final Report and Indicative Poll on Mechanisms - Deadline 3 December 2019

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Nov 23 02:30:46 UTC 2019

Anne, in my reading, what we are saying is that the ongoing operational costs will be relatively similar for all mechanisms because all will have to do approximately the same work and we have no reason to believe that labour or overhead costs will be higher or lower for any of them.

Yes, in B we will use an established organization for some part of the work, but that organization does not necessarily have surplus labour waiting for our contract, so they may have to staff up as well. And even if they don't, the ongoing costs will be similar (all they save are the onboarding and possibly training costs).

I am assuming that for this calculation, we are ignoring markup that a third party may add to their bill, possibly increasing the costs for outsourced work.  In all cases, some labour may should up as salaries and overhead, and some may show up as contract costs (just as some of the policy people who work on these WGs are salaried in ICANN's emply, and some are contract folks.

Alan